For after-hours emergencies, please call 405-343-7057. Please leave a message and someone will respond to you as soon as possible. We will not return calls without a message.
Thank you for making an appointment at our clinic. We will call to remind you of your appointment 2-3 days in advance. For your pet’s safety, please follow these simple instructions:
- All surgeries need an appointment.
- If your pet is 5 months of age or older–Do not feed your pet after 11:00 pm the night before surgery. Water is ok but no food.
- If your pet is 5 months of age or younger—Please give your pet a small amount of food & water the morning of the surgery.
- If you pet is an outdoor animal, it is important that your bring them inside and remove food and water at 11:00 pm.
- Please allow your pet time to go to the bathroom before coming to the clinic.
- Drop-off your pet at the clinic in the morning between 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM. Late arrivals cannot have surgery and will need to be rescheduled.
- Cats should be in a secure carrier that is lined with newspaper or a towel. Dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier.
- Your pet will be ready to go home the same day. Check out is between 4:30-5:30 pm. You must pick up no later than 5:30pm as we do no board animals overnight. Any animals left overnight will be charged a $50.00 fee per night.
For your pet’s safety, please read and follow these instructions. The clinic will handle, at minimal cost, any post-op complications from the surgery, only if these instructions were followed:
- No running, jumping, playing or strenuous activity for 7 – 10 days. Pets should stay indoors and be kept quiet. Walk dogs on a leash and keep cats inside.
- Keep your pet dry for 7 to 10 days. No baths, swimming or rolling in wet grass. The top layer of the surgical incision is closed with glue and will come open if the area gets wet.
- Check the incision twice a day. What you see today is normal…there should be no discharge and minimal redness or swelling. DO NOT let your animal lick the incision area. If this occurs, you will need to buy an “E-collar” (plastic lampshade) either here, at your vet or at a pet supply store.Unless otherwise noted, there are no stitches to remove. Your pet has stitches under the skin, which will dissolve over the next few months. Your pet did receive a small green tattoo—this is not a second incision.
- Feed and water your pet a small amount tonight; however they may not have a full appetite until tomorrow. Do not change their diet or give table scraps as this can mask post-op complications.
- Your pet received a pain medication INJECTION at the time of surgery.
- If your pet has an emergency after hours, call 405-343-7057. If we do not answer please leave a message and we will call you back. However, this emergency number is only for problems related to the surgery. You must speak to our clinic to make arrangements for the animal to be brought back to us. If you go see your own vet or go to an emergency clinic without speaking to us first, we will not be able to reimburse you for any charges that are incurred.