Director of Operations
Full time/Overtime exempt
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the Intake Facility Manager is to oversee all functions relative to the intake facility, including but not limited to staff training and supervision, facility repair and maintenance, and programmatic implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In accordance with organizational policies, duties include but are not limited to:
• Supervise staff and volunteers in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Responsible for meeting facility productivity and quality goals
• Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations
• Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
• Take responsibility for the safety and security of staff and customers
• Ensure that animal inventory at the intake facility meets productivity and quality goals for all programs
• Ensure that supplies for daily animal care are on hand and that outstanding preventive health care is provided at all times
• Oversee owner relinquishment process
• Work closely with other managers and In House Veterinarian to ensure smooth process flow and design enhancements as needed
• Communicate with Director of Operations on program operations
• Other duties as assigned
• Oversee the intake of all animals for the organization’s programs
• Ensure that the animals are suitable for the adoption or relocation programs
• Oversee, as necessary, SAFER and other behavioral assessments and recommend enhancements to currently used methods
• Ensure that the number of dogs and cats adequately achieve the needs of both the adoption and relocation programs
• Establish goals for growing and improving foster program
• Ensure the effective use of coordination technology such as Volgistics and Constant Contact
• Working with Marketing to develop process for surveying fosters for feedback
• Ensure quality work output from foster staff
• Oversee selection of animals for program
• Oversee filing of organizational documents, records and reports
• Work with third parties to coordinate transport of dogs to partner shelters
• Ensure correct supplies for transport are on hand, packed and labeled appropriately
• Ensure all appropriate paperwork and health records have been completed prior to transport
Work is performed in a kennel/shelter setting and outdoors
• Three to five years of management experience which includes supervisory responsibility
• Ability to delegate
• Team-working, motivational and leadership skills
• Must possess decision making skills and the ability to manage multiples tasks
• Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
• Attention to detail
• Ability to follow directions and multitask
• Knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology
• Experience in supervising project and team activities
• Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day with help.
• Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly.
• Must have good range of motion in joints especially wrist, knees, elbows.
• Must have good range of motion in your back, for instance twisting.
• Must be able to work in potentially extreme environmental temperatures.
• Must be able to use a ladder and or step stool.
• Must possess excellent hand-eye coordination.
• Must possess an acceptable degree of dexterity in hands and fingers.