Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with your one true love: your pet! Here are ten reasons according to Pet Finder why your furry friend makes the perfect date this Valentine’s Day:
- Pets don’t talk. We could elaborate, but I think we can all agree this is a good thing.
- If you worry your pet will destroy your lovely home four seconds after you step out the door, you can put him in a crate. The authorities frown upon this when it comes to dates.
- Dog slobber is cute. Date slobber is very not cute. Ever.
- You don’t have to share your dessert with a pet (and probably shouldn’t). This is great because dessert is the best part about Valentine’s Day and sweets can make pets sick. So you get your treat all to yourself. Perfect!
- For the not-so-romantic folks out there, a pet won’t look hopefully, then desperately, and finally disdainfully into your eyes when the evening doesn’t end in a helicopter ride to Paris and a romantic marriage proposal. Won’t happen. Prolonged eye contact totally freaks pets out.
- When a pet follows you around it’s cute. Am I right? Pretty much nothing is better than being adored by a pet. If a date follows you around … we call that little phenomenon stalking.
- Pets don’t care if you are “presentable” or not. You don’t have to buy expensive shoes to hang out with your pet. You don’t even have to shower. Just head out on a couple of hikes, toss a ball around, dole out a healthy belly rub and you’re golden! No makeup, no ironing, no Spanx required. Amen.
- You will never have to dream up a way to gently/firmly/sneakily “get rid” of a pet. Because you’d never want to get rid of a pet! Pet are fun, and funny, and goofy, and handily clean food right off the kitchen floor for you when you drop it. Dates seem to think that kind of thing is below them. Lame.
- Pet snuggles are the best. Okay, snuggles from a human can be pretty darn good too, but when Fido nuzzles into the nape of your neck and huffs a grumbly sigh, you’ll stay in that exact same position for ages so you don’t disrupt his comfort.
- Did we mention pets don’t talk?
Gifts are great, but the biggest gift you and your pet have is each other. So, don’t forget to do the most important thing on Valentine’s Day: give your pet extra love and affection!