Happy Father’s Day to all of the dog and cat dads out there! Even though being a parent is great, it’s not the same experience for our furry friends. Cats and dogs can start reproducing as early as 5 months old, which is why it’s ideal to have your pet fixed before they’re 6 months. Prevent your kid from having kids by getting them spayed/neutered. Here are some great reasons:
- Spaying/neutering is not only important to prevent unwanted litters and reduce pet overpopulation but also for the health and longevity of pets.
- Spayed/neutered dogs and cats have an increased life span and make better companions.
- Their reproduction drive is curbed so in the case of dogs, they aren’t as likely to end up in a dangerous situation like getting out in high traffic areas.
- Neutering also makes dogs less territorial and reduces common problems like marking. Plus their chances for reproductive cancers are eliminated.
- In the case of cats, a male cat has the opportunity to enjoy time playing outdoors without contributing to the overpopulation of free roaming cats.
- Spaying/neutering your pet is also highly cost-effective. The cost of surgery is far less than the cost of having and caring for a litter.
- The feral cat population is kept under control through programs such as Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR).
These are just a few of the many benefits of getting your pet fixed. If you need another reason, our spay + neuter clinic is currently running a special for all puppies and kittens less than 6 months old to be spayed/neutered for just $20. Learn more or make an appointment at 405-947-7729!